Discover more from KURATION
Kuration #170 Monthly Summary
Bringing you great stuff from around the internet.
Once a month, on popular demand, we present the top links and headlines curated for the entire month and send out an issue to help our readers catch up.
Here is a summary of everything from the past month 🗓
P.S. let us know what you think :)
A Month in Review
📚 🐦 🗞️ 📱 💻 📈 🎥 👾
The past month has been a whirlwind of technological advancements, product launches, and significant industry shifts. Let's dive into the top tech and media headlines that dominated the conversation:
1. Google's Grand Reveal: The much-anticipated Google Pixel Event 2023 unveiled the Pixel 8 and Watch 2, setting new standards for smartphone and smartwatch capabilities.
2. Browsing with ChatGPT: OpenAI's chatGPT now offers users the ability to browse the web, marking a significant step in chatbot evolution.
3. OpenAI and Jony Ive Collaboration: Rumors are rife about OpenAI entering discussions with design maestro Jony Ive for a potential hardware project. The tech world is eagerly awaiting the outcome.
4. Tinder's Premium Offering: Tinder introduced its Select $499 per month plan, a bold move targeting its most elite users.
5. ChatGPT's Enhanced Features: Adding voice support and image capabilities, ChatGPT continues to redefine user interaction.
6. Amazon's Massive AI Investment: Amazon's decision to invest up to $4 billion in AI startup Anthropic underscores the tech giant's commitment to AI's future.
7. Hugging Face's Funding Triumph: AI startup Hugging Face secured a whopping $235M, highlighting the growing investor interest in AI technologies.
8. Elon's Twitter Effect: Elon Musk's announcement led to a surge in Bluesky usage, proving once again his influence on tech trends.
9. OnePlus's Foldable Foray: OnePlus confirmed its entry into the foldable smartphone market, heating up the competition.
10. DALL-E 3 by OpenAI: The unveiling of DALL-E 3 showcased OpenAI's commitment to pushing the boundaries of generative AI models.
11. Bard's Email Access: The announcement that Bard can now access user emails raised both excitement and privacy concerns.
12. Apple's iOS Update: The release of iOS 17 brought a slew of new features, enhancing the iPhone experience.
13. TikTok's Black Friday Strategy: In a bid to challenge Amazon, TikTok announced funding for Black Friday deals.
14. Apple's Upcoming Launch: The tech community is abuzz with the announcement of the iPhone 15 for September 12.
15. X's Verification Move: X introduced a government ID-based account verification system, prioritizing user security.
16. X's Premium Feature: Premium subscribers of X now have the option to hide their liked posts, offering more user control.
17. Tesla's India Strategy: Tesla revealed plans to double its component sourcing from India, strengthening its ties with the country.
18. Apple Event 2023: All eyes were on Apple as they shared everything one needed to know about their latest innovations.
19. Snapchat and MTV Collaboration: Snapchat partnered with MTV, allowing users to vote for their favorite VMAs.
20. Tomorrow University's Modern Approach: Offering 21st-century online learning, Tomorrow University is revolutionizing education.
21. Yahoo's Smarter Inbox: Yahoo introduced AI enhancements, aiming to redefine email user experience.
22. Airbnb's NYC Exit: The end of Airbnb in New York marked a significant shift in the city's accommodation landscape.
23. Anthropic's Paid Plan: Anthropic launched a paid plan for its chatbot, emphasizing its premium offerings.
24. OpenAI's Developer Conference: OpenAI hosted its first developer conference, bringing together AI enthusiasts and experts.
25. India's Space Endeavor: India made headlines with its spacecraft launch aimed at studying the sun.
26. Duolingo's Expanded Offerings: Duolingo announced plans to introduce math and music lessons, diversifying its educational platform.
27. OpenAI's Revenue Milestone: Reports suggest OpenAI is on track to generate over $1 billion in revenue over the next 12 months.
28. Substack's Transcription Feature: Substack introduced an AI-powered audio transcription service, enhancing its platform's capabilities.
29. Twitter's Data Collection: Twitter revealed plans to collect biometric data along with users' education and job history.
30. Samsung's Culinary Platform: Samsung launched Samsung Food, a platform for meal planning and recipe discovery.
In conclusion, the past month has been eventful, with tech giants making significant strides in innovation and market expansion. As we move forward, these developments promise to shape the future of technology and media in unprecedented ways.
As always thank you for reading ❤️.